22 April 2012

The old Flash work I used to do

Yep, unpacking boxes has me sitting neck deep in junk, remembering years gone by. Here's an early draft of a pretty major Flash job I took on, back when Flash was with Macromedia and Firefox was awsome for coming out with a player to silence all the nay sayers.

This one's from 2003, for Surf Life Saving Australia. The content is based around a very nice TV commercial the Life Savers were running at the time.  Only a couple of the menu items have content behind them, find them and you'll get the idea. See if you can find the political comment I slipped in.

I've lost the near finished version. I don't know what happened to the project in the end. For reasons I never new, I was taken out of it. It was a bitter end to a project I really enjoyed working on, and I think this is an example of some pretty tidy Flash work, if you can forgive the audio getting out of synch with the subtitles, and the extra compressed images and audio, because dial up was all the range back in those days.


No comments: