12 July 2012

Technocrats seek to take everything!

I received email soliciting my posting this image:   
Components of a 21st Century Classroom - An infographic by the team at Open Colleges

My reply:
Hi Libby, 
You wrote: "I noticed your blog and thought you might be interested in an infographic my agency just rolled out about the 21st Century Classroom. Take a moment and give it a look: > > http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/infographic/21st_century_classroom.html >" 
I have two comments, in the form of links, relating to what your graphic leaves out - critical refection, of it's own. 
Technopoly and Duck Dodgers 
Regards, Leigh

4 comments:

Graham Wegner said...

I suppose they got what they really wanted from you and that is a link to their website! I would also recommend the short book "Program Or Be Programmed" by Douglas Rushkoff to be a short read that addresses some of your concerns, based on a talk he gave here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAzZocdQ1Y

Stephen Downes said...

I get numerous requests from 'opencollege' (and various other companies which are actually variations of the same company).

They are all from writers who are probably not using their real names (every request is from someone with a nice anglic woman's name).

And as Graham says, they are really just tgrolling for links that will push their college rating (and advertising) site up in the rankings.

I simply delete them.

Stephen Downes said...

Oh - I stand corrected - this 'opencolleges' is different from the other 'opencollege' sites.

Leigh Blackall said...

Spamming for links, offers for guest writing, comment spam. We made way for this other side, just by being in this space.
The content if this one is just a regurgitation of info graphics from the early 2000s. What concerns me is not just the blind, reactionary uptake of such concepts, but that they exist as ideas at all.